TRANSFER OF CREDIT
Individuals who have previously obtained education and/or experience in nursing care may be eligible for advanced placement. The purpose of granting advanced placement is to prevent repetition of, and grant credit for, subjects in which the student is already proficient.
The Director of Nursing reserves the right to evaluate past education and/or experience of the
applicant(s) on an individual basis. The applicant(s) must meet the same requirements as all other
students being admitted to the program.
The requirements include:
- Completed application form
- High school transcripts or G.E.D. equivalency
- Transcript(s) of any additional education as related to nursing
- Attending Student Orientation or Interview
- Two (2) letters of reference
- Meeting health screening requirements
- BCI & I background check
Prerequisites for eligibility and consideration for advanced placement may include any one of the following:
- Previous nursing education in an approved school of nursing
- Previous satisfactorily completed coursework in the health care field
- Science credit must be 5 years or less
- Payment or securing of tuition prior to entry into the program
The student who is interested in requesting advanced placement must be at a "Satisfactory" level clinically.
B. GENERAL POLICIES
- Credit by Examination and evaluation of Clinical Skills/Procedures must be completed to instructors' satisfaction.
- Tuition must be paid in full prior to admission.
- A transcript of nursing courses completed must be on file in the student’s record prior to the course starting to receive transfer credit.
C. MILITARY EXPERIENCE
Any person with experience in the Armed Forces of the United States, or in the National Guard or in a reserve component that is seeking admission into the NCI School of Practical Nursing with advanced standing must notify the school as soon as possible with this intent. The applicant must:
- Complete an application and submit 3 references.
- Provide the Administrator with documentation of military education and/or skill training. This documentation will be used to determine whether any of the military education or skills training is substantially equivalent to the course offered at the Northern Career Institute.